* I didn’t have a picture of the e-book sorry*
- JEM AND TESSA DESERVE EACH OTHER THERE’S NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO CHANGE MY MIND.
- I’ve seriously missed them and honestly TDA has not been giving them enough page time.
- “There was nothing worse than being left alone, the one you loved ripped from you.” TESSA DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER I’M SO UPSET OVER HER LOSS STILL
- Wait, the younger generation?? Like does she work with children? And why would they want her to move to New York?
- oooooh, she means her children
- Okay I seriously thought Catarina was a human that Tessa was just walking with, but it makes SO much more sense that she’s a warlock too.
- “When it came to Tessa, feeling always bloomed.”
- Ah the Lost Hernondale, so this ties into The Dark Artifacts, because it’s the kid that almost gets killed but then Emma goes to find him and they’re both found by Tessa and Jem.
- NEWSFLASH: Tessa wears her emotions on her sleeve.
- I really really really want to like this, but I just don’t? Like? The dialogue is kind of stiff and feels forced? God, where is the emotion????
- “Whatever else I may be,
I remain always, Your Jem” He’s so tortured and sad, I just want his happiness forever and ever and even after that.
- 3/10—This was… not good??? Like YES Jem and Tessa I’m still not over them and honestly I’m still salty she ended up with Will when JEM. WAS. FUCKING. RIGHT. THERE. GODDESS ABOVE. But anyway all that aside, I loved the premise of this book. I didn’t go into it knowing anything, but I love Catarina and Tessa and that they still want to help the Mundanes even though they’re killing each other. I think I just was really not in love with the execution. In TID, the dialogue felt natural and deep, this felt more like platitudes and surface level emotions. I just couldn’t with it and I’m so devastated. So YES. I’m extremely underwhelmed and disappointed. I cry so many tears. YOU THINK I LIKE BEING DISAPPOINTED LIKE THIS????