op Ten Tuesdays was created by The Broke and Bookish, but is now hosted weekly by That Artsy Reader Girl and anyone is free to participate! This week’s topic is favorite quotes! I think one thing that attracted me about reading was how words come together and the tone and how the sentence is said perfectly captures the way you’re feeling when reading it. There’s a quality of reading—often found in journalism articles—that is fluid, poetic, and perfectly suited to the article. The ending sentence is a cherry on top, and you’re left with a sense of awe with you finish it. That being said, here’s some of my favorite (but definitely not all) quotes!
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
To this day, I often of this book when I think of when YA contemporary romance. John Green is a great person, and I still haven’t read Turtles All the Way Down, but I loved the writing in The Fault in Our Stars, and this is definitely an iconic line, no matter your feelings on the book.
- “Winter is coming,” -George R.R. Martin or some Game of Thrones writer
I think I’m just obsessed with this because I’m binging GOT and I hear it ever single gd episode—sometimes more than once.
- “We are two people madly in love with our old selves. And that is not the same thing as being in love.” Taylor Jenkins Reid, One True Loves
I think this is the line in the book sums up the entire book perfectly. I love the clarity and honesty Reid’s writing has and it’s no more important in this book.
- “I choose you over everyone,” Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
When I first started reading YA again, this was one of the first books I read and I love Levi so much because he reminds me so much of my own husband. Cath and Levi are so warm with each other and I love how poetic and thoughtful the tone of this book is.
- “For you, a thousand times over,” Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
This book is definitely what started my obsession with reading in high school. I was actually assigned this book, but I read it in less
- “The Sea Queen is not there to be adored. She’s there to be feared.” Alexandra Cristo, To Kill A Kingdom
I absolutely love this quote from To Kill A Kingdom. It perfectly encapsulates the tone of the book, and it doesn’t hurt that it also reminds me of most of the characters from Game of Thrones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯